We are committed to the home and family as set forth in Holy Scripture. We believe God has ordained and created marriage to exist between one man and one woman, with absolute marital fidelity. As redeemed and recovered addicts and alcoholics we are the first to acknowledge that all come into recovery bound in sin, and that Jesus meets us at our point brokenness, However we firmly believe that He does not endorses staying there but rather calls us to repentance out of our previous lifestyles that were contrary to God’s Word. The Bible sets forth specific home and family values, including distinct roles of husbands and wives, fathers and mothers, and children. It is our firm conviction that we uphold the dignity of each individual as we embrace the unchanging and longstanding principles of scriptural truth.
- Marriage — P.A.R. (Power for Abundant Recovery ™) ministries defines marriage as the permanent, exclusive, comprehensive, and conjugal “one flesh” union of one man and one woman, intrinsically ordered to procreation and biological family, and in furtherance of the moral, spiritual, and public good of binding father, mother, and child. 2. We believe that the term “marriage” has only one, legitimate meaning, and that is marriage sanctioned by God, which joins one man and one woman in a single, covenantal union, as delineated by Scripture. (Gen. 2:24; Rom. 7:2; 1 Cor. 7:10; Eph. 5:22-23)(Genesis 1:27-28, Genesis 2:18-24, Matthew 19:4-9, Mark 10:5-9, Ephesians 5:31-33)
- Sexuality — P.A.R. (Power for Abundant Recovery) ministries believes that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman. We believe that any form of homosexuality, lesbianism, bisexuality, bestiality, incest, fornication, adultery, and pornography are sinful perversions of God’s gift of sex. These include but are not limited to adultery, fornication, incest, zoophilia, pornography, prostitution, voyeurism, pedophilia, exhibitionism, sodomy, polygamy, polyamory, sologamy, or same-sex sexual acts. (Exodus 20:14, Leviticus 18:7-23, Leviticus 20:10-21, Deuteronomy 5:18, Matthew 15:19, Matthew 5:27-28, Matthew 15:19, Romans 1:26-27, 1 Corinthians 6:9-13, 1 Thessalonians 4:3, Hebrews 13:4, Galatians 5:19, Ephesians 4:17-19, Colossians 3:5)
- Sexual Identity — P.A.R. (Power for Abundant Recovery) ministries believes that God created mankind in His image: male (man) and female (woman), sexually different but with equal personal dignity. c. We believe that God disapproves of and forbids any attempt to alter one’s gender by surgery or appearance. (Gen. 2:24; Gen. 19:5, 13; Gen. 26:8-9; Lev. 18:1-30; Rom. 1: 26- 29; 1 Cor. 5:1; 6:9; 1 Thess. 4:1-8; Heb. 13:4) Consequently, P.A.R. (Power for Abundant Recovery) ministry members must affirm their biological sex and refrain from any and all attempts to physically change, alter, or disagree with their predominant biological sex — including but not limited to elective sex-reassignment, transvestite, transgender, or non-binary “genderqueer” acts or conduct. (Genesis 1:26-28, Romans 1:26-32, 1 Corinthians 6:9-11)
- Sexual Orientation — P.A.R. (Power for Abundant Recovery) ministries believes that God created and ordered human sexuality to the permanent, exclusive, comprehensive, and conjugal “one flesh” union of man and woman, intrinsically ordered to procreation and biological family, and in furtherance of the moral, spiritual, and public good of binding father, mother, and child. Consequently, P.A.R. (Power for Abundant Recovery) ministries members must affirm the sexual complementarity of man and woman and resist any and all same-sex sexual attractions and refrain from any and all same-sex sexual acts or conduct, which are intrinsically disordered. (Genesis 1:27, Genesis 2:24, Matthew 19:4-6, Mark 10:5-9, Romans 1:26-27, 1 Corinthians 6:9-11, Ephesians 5:25-27, Revelation 19:7-9, Revelation 21:2)
- Sexual Redemption — P.A.R. (Power for Abundant Recovery) believes that all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God and should seek redemption through confession, repentance, baptism, and faith in Jesus Christ. Consequently, P.A.R. (Power for Abundant Recovery) members must welcome and treat with respect, compassion, and sensitivity all who experience same-sex attractions or confess sexually immoral acts but are committed to resisting sexual temptation, refraining from sexual immorality, and conforming their behavior to the Word of God which is expressed in P.A.R. (Power for Abundant Recovery) ministry’s Statement of Faith. (Matthew 11:28-30, Romans 3:23, Ephesians 2:1-10, I Corinthians 10:13, Hebrews 2:17-18, Hebrews 4:14-16)
- Celibacy — P.A.R. (Power for Abundant Recovery) ministries believes that Holy Scripture grants two life-enhancing options for human sexual behavior: (1) the conjugal “one flesh” marital union of one man and one woman, and (2) celibacy. Either is a gift from God, given as He wills for His glory and the good of those who receive and rejoice in His gift to them. Celibacy and faithful singleness is to be celebrated and affirmed within the P.A.R. (Power for Abundant Recovery) ministries. (Genesis 1:27-28; 2:18, 21-24; Matthew 19:4-6; Mark 10:5-8; Hebrews 13:4; 1 Corinthians 7:1-8; Matthew 19:12; 1 Corinthians 12:12-13; Romans 12:10; 1 Timothy 5:1-2)
All those wishing to participate in a Servant Leader position, which includes but not limited to facilitating a P.A.R. group, being a P.A.R. Sponsor/ Mentor or any other position of P.A.R. Ministry leadership, must be willing to adhere to our “Doctrinal and Religious Absolute” statement regarding marriage and human sexuality. This is necessary to accomplish our scriptural mission, goals and purpose. Behavior or counter-witnessing that does otherwise will impede and burden our integrity and scriptural mission.
The Bible is the inspired and infallible Word of God, acting as the source of authority over morality, our beliefs, Christian lifestyle and conduct. The Founder & Executive Pastor is charged with the ministerial responsibility of Biblical interpretation and promulgating religious policy. The Founder & Executive Pastor, with advisement from the Deacon Leadership Council of P.A.R. ministries, will determine life application as well as final matters relating to church theology, philosophy, Christian practice, faith, divine truth, morality, and theological and doctrinal resolutions.